Hallin to Provide Marine, Subsea Support for Gas Pipeline Repair Project
Hallin Marine has been awarded a US $8 million contract from Global Industries, Ltd, the major offshore construction, engineering and
support services operator.
The contract has been won by the Company's Indonesian entity, PT Hallin Marine Indonesia, which will provide marine and subsea support of Global Industries for a gas pipeline repair project.
Hallin has put together a package consisting of a subsea operations vessel, a saturation diving system, remote operated vehicle (ROV) and personnel in support of the project.
The vessel SOV Sanko Angel, a Hallin Saturation Diving System and a workclass ROV, the Hallin built C-ROV, will be mobilized to support the project operations in water depth of approximately 55 meters offshore Indonesia.
Global Industries scope includes the installation of 23km of new pipeline of which Hallin's services will be utilized to carry out the hot tapping into the existing line and hook up to the new section, before decommissioning the redundant pipeline.
The project will commence in the first quarter of 2009.
Jon Attenburrow, Hallin's East Division's MD, said, "Hallin is very pleased to announce this contract award for the subsea works with Global Industries, Ltd, a major offshore installation contractor. The award reflects the hard work of our new Indonesian office and is a great
project with which to commence the 2009 season."
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)