Norse Underscores Petrobras' Hydrocarbon Find at Cravo Prospect
Norse Energy, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and Brasoil, has announced that the operator (Petrobras) has notified the Brazilian Regulatory Agency (ANP) about hydrocarbon indications at the Cravo exploration well drilling currently underway in
BCAM-40. According to the Brazilian legislation for oil and gas exploration, the operator is obliged to inform the Brazilian Regulatory Agency (ANP) about any hydrocarbon shows when indication can be confirmed through two different methods.
The Cravo prospect is located at 270 meters of water depth, 18 km northeast of the Manati production platform, and the well was spudded in
January 6th. Below 1581 meters of depth, the well drilled through several intervals with hydrocarbon shows on the cuttings and gas
anomalies on the gas detector. After logging, the 1579/1588 interval identified gas saturation. The drilling will continue with a 13 3/8"
casing, with the main target at the Sergi formation, at 4,070 meters of depth.
Norse Energy wants to emphasize that it is too early to anticipate the results of the well, as drilling is still ongoing.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)