Talisman Gets Greenlight to Use Gyda Facility Until 2030
Talisman Energy Norge (TENAS) has received consent to use the Gyda facility until the end of 2030.
The Gyda field has been developed with a combined living quarters, drilling and process facility with a steel jacket. The Gyda facility is located in the southern part of the North Sea between Ula and Ekofisk, in 66 meters of water.
The oil from Gyda is transported via Ekofisk to Teeside. The gas is routed in a separate pipeline to Ekofisk and from there to Emden.
The Gyda facility has been in operation since 1990. BP Norge was the operator of the Gyda field until September 1, 2003 when TENAS took over as operator.
The original design lifetime was set at 20 years.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)