Virtue-1 Begins ONGC Work 116 Days Ahead of Schedule
Jindal has chartered the jackup rig "Noble George McLeod" to ONGC. The rig was successfully deployed in January, and operations are under a contract period of three years on a firm contract basis.
Jindal has also chartered the newly built jackup rig "Virtue-1" to ONGC. The Virtue-1 jackup commenced operations with effect from Jan. 17, 116 days ahead of its scheduled date, on the western coast offshore India for a period of five years on a firm contract basis. The aggregate contract value is approximately $262 million to be spread over the next five years.
The Virtue-1 rig is owned by Virtue Drilling PTE Ltd., Singapore, a joint venture company of Jindal Drilling. The rig was manufactured by Keppel FELS and was delivered in December 2008.
With these charters, the total number of rigs operating in Jindal's fleet is five.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Jindal Group more info
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Lamprell Delivers Jackup Jindal Pioneer to Dev Drilling (Feb 04)
- Keppel FELS to Deliver Jackup Jindal Explorer to Star Drilling Shortly (Dec 03)
- Lamprell Makes Steady Progress during 2H 2013 (Nov 14)