Kanfa to Build LNG Production Topside for World's First FLNG Vessel
Kanfa Aragon AS, a subsidiary of Sevan Marine ASA, has signed a contract with Samsung Heavy Industries Co., LTD in Korea for the
development of a liquefied natural gas production topside to the world's first Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Production Vessel. The
contract confirms a letter of intent previously entered into between the parties.
The FLNG topside will be based on Kanfa Aragon's liquefaction technology. Kanfa Aragon's scope of work includes the design and
engineering of the liquefaction plant as well as procurement of major equipment items. The contract value is approximately US $200 million.
The vessel will be owned and operated by FLEXLNG. The vessel will have a gas processing and liquefaction topside with an LNG capacity of
approximately 1.7 mtpa (million metric tons per annum) LNG.
"This is a very important contract for us, and it is confirming our position as a leading world wide technology provider for floating LNG
production. In spite of the unstable worldwide financial situation, floating LNG production is a growing market, and this contract puts us
in an excellent position to take a major share of this market," said Jan Erik Tveteraas, CEO Sevan Marine ASA.
Kanfa Aragon is focusing on gas technologies and applications with a range of skills, competencies and experience. Together with the Kanfa
group, Kanfa Aragon, delivers advanced gas treatment solutions for FPSO projects worldwide.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: FLEX LNG Ltd more info
- FLEX LNG: Seismic Survey Spies 3Tcf of Gas Resources (Jun 16)
- Asian Firms Aim for First Offshore LNG Output (Apr 21)
- Shell Plans $5B Floating LNG Off W Australia (Oct 08)
Company: Kanfa AS more info
- Kanfa to Build LNG Production Topside for World's First FLNG Vessel (Jan 22)
- Sevan's Subsidiary to Provide Topside for World's First FLNG Vessel (Jul 11)
- Kanfa Aragon to Supply Gas Dehydration Systems to Apache's Forties Field (Sep 07)