Woodside Spuds Carterer-1 Offshore Australi
Woodside reports that the Carteret-1 exploration well, located in the Carnarvon Basin off Western Australia, was spudded last week by semisub, Sedco 703. Carteret-1 is located approximately 145 kilometers north of Dampier in approximately 140 meters of water. Planned total depth is approximately 3,600 meters.
Woodside is the operator of WA-4-L and holds a 33.34% stake. Other participants in WA-4-L are BHP Billiton Pty Ltd. (16.67%), Chevron Texaco Pty Ltd. (16.67%), Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd. (16.67%) and Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd. (16.67%).
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)