NPD Grants Drilling Permit to ExxonMobil for Wellbore 15/6-10
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 15/6-10, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 15/6-10 will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin semisubmersible drilling rig at position 58 degrees 40' 55.72" North and 1 degrees 50' 15.19" East, after the facility concludes drilling of wildcat well 16/1-10 for Lundin Norway AS in production license 338.
The drilling program for wellbore 15/6-10 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 029 B. The area in this production license consists of parts of block 15/6. Well 15/6-10 is located just northeast of the 15/5-1 Dagny discovery and about 10 km north of the Sleipner fields in the North Sea.
Production license 029 B was awarded on May 11, 2001 as a supplement to the second licensing round. This is the first well drilled in the production license.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)