Repsol YPF Boosts Venezuelan Reserves
Repsol YPF has acquired from Tecpetrol the 25% stake owned by the latter in the Quiamare-La Ceiba block, in Venezuela, thus raising its full share in the block to 75%. Repsol YPF is operator, in a partnership with Exxon Mobil, owner of the other 25%. As a result of this acquisition, effective as of January 1, 2003, the company has boosted its production in Venezuela by 3,900 barrels per day, and proved reserves by 8.2 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Apart from Quiamare La Ceiba, Repsol YPF is operator of the Quiriquire Barrancas and Mene Grande fields. The Quiamare La Ceiba block is located in the State of Anzoategui, in west Venezuela, and was awarded in the second round of operating concessions, tendered for offer in 1993. Fields contained in this block currently produce 15,600 barrels of oil per day.
At present, Repsol YPF is the top private gas producer in Venezuela, producing its gas from the Quiriquire field (9.1 million m3 per day), of which it owns 100%. The company also produces 17,500 barrels of crude oil and condensate from the aforementioned field.
This operation consolidates Repsol YPF's operations in Venezuela, one of the largest oil producing countries in the world, and furthers the Company’s strategy of balancing its presence in Latin America, by adding new assets with a high development potential to its exploration & production portfolio.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)