Apache Spuds Linda North-1 Appraisal Well in Carnarvon Basin
Tap has provided the following information on the Linda North-1 appraisal well, which spudded on January 19, 2009.
The Linda North-1 well is located in the Carnarvon Basin exploration permit TL/1. The well will be drilled from the Linda platform, approximately 17 km northeast of Varanus Island in 33 m of water, and sidetracked to a target location at latitude 20 degress 32' 31.26"S and longitude 115 degrees 42' 14.9"E.
The Linda North-1 well spudded on January 19, 2009, and the well is currently at approximately 98 meters measured depth. Current activity running in hole to set conductor.
The Linda North-1 well is programmed to reach a total depth of approximately 2,640 meters TVDSS allowing sufficient penetration of the reservoir to achieve production requirements. The well is planned to take 24 days.
Linda North-1 is an appraisal well targeting up to 40 Bcf of gas (plus associated condensate) in the Upper Jurassic Biggada sandstone which forms the producing reservoir in the adjacent Linda Field. If a discovery is made, Linda North-1 will be completed as a gas producer.
TL/1 Joint Venture Participants
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 12.2229%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd (Operator) 68.5%
- Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd 19.2771%
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)