BGP Commences First Slip-Sweep 3D Seismic Survey for Shell in Libya
BGP Crew 0121 is performing the first slip-sweep 3D seismic survey contract for Shell in Libya. The slip-sweep technique is based on multiple vibrator fleets, and can highly improve the operation efficiency.
The work area is located at block 89N with extremely complicated surface conditions, where there are hills, Gobi, swamps, as well as wells, roads, pipelines, historical remains and other infrastructures. The most challenging issue is the potential risk from the landmine areas.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: BGP more info
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)