Aker Aces Phase II FEED Contract for Kashagan Field Development
Aker Solutions announced that, in a joint venture with CB&I and WorleyParsons, it has received a front-end engineering and design (FEED) services contract for Phase II of the full-field development of the Kashagan oil field in Kazakhstan. The contract value is GB£90M (US $135 million).
"We are very pleased that we have been awarded this important contract for the development of the Kashagan field. It confirms that we are very well positioned for an active role in this field development. The Kashagan field is at the core of our strategy for our international field development business. This contract demonstrates our competitive strengths within offshore technology in environmentally sensitive areas, harsh climate conditions as well as international contracting with a high level of local content. We look forward to working with our partners on this very important field development," said Simen Lieungh, President & CEO of Aker Solutions.
The scope of work for Phase II includes the front end engineering and design of both onshore and offshore facilities and pipelines. The FEED contract also includes options for early works, detail engineering, procurement services, technical assistance, and design/system integrity. Additionally, the contract provides for optional FEEDs for other Kazakhstan oil fields (Aktote, Kairan, and Kalamkas).
Work on the project, initiated after tender under a letter of intent issued by Agip KCO, began on November 3, 2008 and is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2010. Additional options might extend the work up to an 8-year period.
Shareholders in the Joint Venture company (K-WAC Limited) are: WorleyParsons Europe Ltd (45%),CB&I UK Ltd (25%), Aker Engineering & Technology AS (30%).
Aker Solutions and WorleyParsons are engaged in the execution of Phase 1 of the Kashagan Project (the Experimental program) performing detailed design, fabrication and hook-up.
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)
- Harvey Strikes Employment: CB&I Lays Off Hundreds (Sep 25)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)