Dragon Oil Tests Positive Oil, Spuds New Well in Turkmenistan
Dragon Oil has provided a drilling update for its Dzheitune (Lam) L21/132 development well and the spudding of the Dzheitune (Lam) L13/133 well.
- Development well Dzheitune (Lam) L21/132 tested at an initial rate of 916 barrels of oil per day ('bopd')
- Dragon Oil's own Rig 40 began drilling its first well, Dzheitune (Lam) L13/133, on January 11, 2009
Dr. Abdul Jaleel Al Khalifa, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "I am pleased to announce the successful completion and initial testing of the Dzheitune (Lam) L21/132 development well. Although we did not reach our intended target intervals due to some abnormally high pressures, we were still able to complete this well in our secondary intervals, with the intent to deepen this well in the future to reach the main targets."
Drilling of the Dzheitune (Lam) L21/132 well was stopped at 3,001 meters when it encountered pressures that were higher than expected. As a result, the well did not penetrate the main intended deeper intervals. The well was completed as a single completion over the secondary interval. It is envisaged that in the future the well will be deepened to penetrate the main target intervals. Initial testing of the secondary interval resulted in production rates of 916 bopd. Further testing and optimization is scheduled to take place over the next few weeks.
Dragon Oil's own Rig 40 began drilling its first well, Dzheitune (Lam) L13/133, on January 11, 2009 on the Dzheitune (Lam) 13 platform.
The Iran Khazar rig is now undergoing planned maintenance, which is expected to be completed by the end of February 2009. At that time, the rig will relocate back to the Dzheitune (Lam) A platform to drill two additional wells.
The CIS 1 Rig completed the Dzheitune (Lam) L22/130 well in November 2008 and it is now currently being mobilised to Dzheitune (Lam) Platform 28.
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: National Iranian Drilling Co. (NIDC) more info
- Blast Kills One At Iran Oil Rig, Fire Hits Refinery (Oct 28)
- Iran Kicks Off Drilling in Caspian Sea (Feb 15)
- Dragon Oil Successfully Tests 2 Turkmeni Wells (Oct 14)