Seadrill, Keppel Continue with Twin Jackup Construction for $420MM
Seadrill has made reference to the announcement, "Keppel in talks with Seadrill, Scorpion and Lewek on their contracts," dated November 27, 2008.
The wholly owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited (Keppel O&M), Keppel FELS Limited, and Seadrill Jack-Ups Ltd have agreed to continue with the building of the two jackups on revised terms that are mutually beneficial. The contract value of the two jackups is US $420 million.
Keppel FELS Limited and Scorpion Offshore have agreed to terminate the US $405 million rig contract on mutually acceptable terms. Scorpion Offshore is working closely with Keppel FELS in the latter's exploratory discussions with interested third parties to take over the building of the semisubmersible. The outcome of these discussions are highly uncertain.
Keppel Singmarine and Lewek Shipping are currently working towards an amicable mutual termination of their contract and this is expected to be finalized shortly.
The cancellation of the Scorpion and Lewek Shipping contracts are not expected to have material impact on the net tangible assets or earnings per share of Keppel Corporation Limited, the parent company of Keppel O&M, for the financial year ending 2009.
Excluding the Scorpion and Lewek contracts, Keppel O&M has a strong orderbook of about S$10.8 billion extending through to 2012.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)