West Alpha Semisub Tapped for North Sea Exploration Drilling
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of the wells 30/3-10S and sidetrack 30/3-10A with the West Alpha semisub.
The drilling activity is scheduled to start as soon as West Alpha has completed the drilling of exploration well 30/11-7. Estimated drilling start-up is mid-January 2009.
The wells 30/3-10 S and A are located seven kilometers southeast of Huldra, 11 kilometers east of Veslefrikk and approximately 150 kilometers west of Bergen.
The wells are part of production license 052 and have the following geographical coordinates: N 60 degrees 47' 43.5", E 02 degrees 41' 11.8". The water depth at the site is 122 meters.
The drilling activity is estimated to last 160 days.
West Alpha is an Ultra Yatzy drilling facility, built in 1986. The facility has been modified several times and is registered in Panama with Det norske Veritas as the classification society.
West Alpha is operated by Seadrill, with an operations office in Stavanger. The installation received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in December 2001.
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)