CB&I Lands LNG Expansion Contract in Fujian Province, China
CB&I has been awarded a contract for an LNG import terminal expansion project in Fujian Province, China, by CNOOC Fujian LNG Co. Ltd. The contract value is confidential.
CB&I's scope of work includes engineering, procurement and construction of two additional 160,000 cubic meter full containment LNG storage tanks. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2011.
"This award follows CB&I's successful completion of the first phase of the Fujian import terminal and demonstrates CNOOC's confidence in our capabilities," said Philip K. Asherman, President and CEO. "Fujian LNG is helping China meet its increasing demand for natural gas."
The initial phase of the LNG terminal, which has a capacity of 2.6 million tonnes of LNG per year and includes two 160,000 cubic meter LNG storage tanks, received first gas in April 2008.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration forecasts that China's natural gas demand will grow 6.4% per year between 2010 and 2020. By 2020, about 25% of China’s natural gas demand is forecasted to be met through LNG imports.
CNOOC Fujian LNG Co. Ltd. is a co-investment of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and Fujian Investment and Development Corporation.
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)
Company: CB&I more info
- Harvey Strikes Employment: CB&I Lays Off Hundreds (Sep 25)
- CB&I Wins China PDH Unit Contract (Sep 11)
- Indonesia Ethylene Expansion Contract Goes to CB&I (Jul 10)
Company: Energy Information Administration (EIA) more info
- EIA: US Crude Inventories Fall, Gasoline Posts Surprise Build (Oct 12)
- EIA: US Heating Costs Forecast To Be Higher This Winter (Oct 11)
- EIA: US Crude Stocks Fall As Exports Hit New Record (Oct 04)