Petrobras-Led Consortium Gets Go-Ahead to Drill BCAM-40 Prospects
Norse Energy, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and Brasoil, announce that the consortium has received the environmental licenses for the drilling of the BCAM-40 exploration prospects. The semisubmersible rig (Petrobras -XVII) is already on location and the Cravo well has been spudded.
The Cravo prospect is located at 270 meters of water depth, 18 km northeast of the Manati production platform. The well is expected to reach a total depth of 4,600 meters, with the main objective in the Sergi formation, at 4,070 meters of depth.
Norse Energy's CEO Oivind Risberg commented, "We are very excited about the Cravo prospect due to its similarities to the Manati field, our analogue for this prospect; a sizable structure, gas potential, the same sandstone reservoirs and close by the existing field infrastructure."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)