Operations Re-Commence at Libra-1 Following Australian Cyclone
Nexus has advised that on December 30, operations on the Libra-1 exploration well in exploration permit AC/P41 in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, were running wireline logs.
The rig was re-manned over the weekend once the threat of tropical cyclone Billy had passed.
The forward program for the Libra-1 well includes additional wireline logging prior to the well being plugged and abandoned as planned.
Libra-1 has been drilled to a total depth of 3,929 meters true vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS). The Ocean Epoch semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well which is operated by Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Shell”) on behalf of the joint venture.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)