Aker to Supply Subsea Equipment for Shell's North Sea Projects
Aker Solutions has signed a frame agreement with Shell Norway and Shell U.K. Limited for the supply of subsea umbilicals. The contract is awarded for one year with an option to extend it an additional 12 months.
The award means that Aker Solutions will be the preferred supplier of steel tube umbilicals for projects in the North Sea that are managed by Shell's Norwegian and UK operations. Aker Solutions has held similar frame agreements with Shell UK since 2001.
"We are very pleased to continue our relationship with Shell. Entering another frame agreement like this underlines Shell's confidence in both our technology and execution capabilities," said Svein Haug, senior vice president for Umbilicals, Aker Solutions.
"We have delivered several well-functioning umbilical systems to Shell aready. We are therefore in a position where we can look at re-using previous solutions. This can both reduce risk and speed up delivery time, which will be an advantage for both Shell and ourselves," added Haug.
Aker Solutions is the global market leader for supply of steel tube umbilicals for subsea developments.
The steel tube umbilicals for Shell's projects will be manufactured at Aker Solutions' purpose-built facility in Moss, Norway. Engineering and project management will be run from Oslo, Norway.
Contract party is Aker Subsea AS.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)