Iran Signs Exploration Contracts with OMV & Edison
National Iranian Oil Company has awarded two exploration contracts to Edison Gas and OMV valued at a combined total of $82 million. These two contracts cover the Munir and Mehr onshore exploration blocks in southern Iran.
Mahmoud Mohaddes, head of NIOC's exploration department said that drilling operations should begin soon. Munir field covers an area of 3,200 square kilometers and is adjacent to Gachsaran and Bibi Hakimeh fields in the province of Boyer Ahmad and Koh Kiloyeh. The Mehr block is located in the province of Khouzestan in southwest Iran.
Edison Gas was awarded the contract for Munir and OMV was awarded the contract for Mehr.
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Edison more info
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)