ConocoPhillips Exercises Option on Ekofisk with Odfjell Drilling
ConocoPhillips has exercised its option with Odfjell Drilling for further work on Ekofisk. The option is for 18 months and was signed on Dec. 17, 2008. It covers drilling activities on four fixed platforms and well service support. In total, this involves approximately 450 employees.
As part of the contract extension, Odfjell Drilling will increase the use of Integrated Operations (IO) and organize an Onshore Support Center for the ConocoPhillips operations. Some administrative duties will be transferred ashore, and maintenance and operational planning will be strengthened. Odfjell will also strengthen its continuous improvement process through closer follow-up of offshore activities.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)