RWE Dea Reports on Hydrocarbon Discovery at West Mediterranean Block 1
RWE Dea has announced a further exploration success. The Dekhila-1x well has hit gas and oil in the West Mediterranean Block 1 concession.
Drilling operations on the Dekhila-1x exploration well on the West Mediterranean Block 1 concession have recently been completed. The well, which is located 45 miles offshore within the Nile Delta Basin, was drilled to a depth of 2,706 meters in 1,183 meters of water and found a gross hydrocarbon section of 45 meters at multiple intervals. The well was drilled by the Pride North America.
RWE Dea has held since 2001 a 35 percent working interest in the production sharing arrangement with the Egyptian state company, Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC). The company’s partners are Hess (55 percent) and Kufpec (10 percent).
“The results of Dekhila 1-x in Egypt provide valuable information which will be incorporated into engineering studies for the wider West Mediterranean development," said Hans-Hermann Andreae, General Manager of RWE Dea Egypt.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)