Tarim Oil Field Achieves 20-Million-Ton Production Milestone
On December 12, Tarim Oilfield, operated by PetroChina Tarim Oilfield Company, achieved an annual production of 20 million tons oil equivalent for the year, making it the fourth 20-million-ton field in China.
Tarim is China's largest petroliferous basin, in which a total of 27 oil and gas fields have been discovered by CNPC since 1989. By far, CNPC has produced accumulatively 72.7 million tons of crude and 55 billion cubic meters of natural gas from Tarim Oilfield.
The field's output was five million tons in 2002 and up to 10 million tons oil equivalent in the year 2005. After another three years, annual production of the field reached 20 million tons oil equivalent, representing a record efficiency in the history of China's oil industry.
Tarim Oilfield serves as a major gas source of the West-East Gas Pipeline. Completion of a number of large-to-medium sized gas fields, such Kela-2 and Yingmaili, provided a resource base for Tarim to deliver 20 billion cubic meters of natural gas per annum for 30 years.
Since the West-East Gas Pipeline being operational five years ago, Tarim Oilfield has totally delivered 43.5 billion cubic meters of gas to 80 cities in 14 Provinces and Municipalities downstream the pipeline, accelerating the transform of China's energy consumption structure.
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kazakhstan To Sell 5 Bcm Of Gas To China For $1B (Oct 03)
Company: CNPC more info
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- CNPC, Guangdong Sign Strategic Deal On S. China Sea Methane Hydrate (Aug 28)