Acergy Snags $250MM Gas Pipeline Gig in Angola
Acergy has announced the award from Angola LNG Limited of a contract for the development of the nearshore/onshore segment of the pipeline network required for the transportation of gas from Blocks 0, 14, 15, 17 and 18 to Angola LNG's plant in Soyo, Angola. Angola LNG Limited's shareholders are affiliates of Chevron, Sonangol, BP, Total and ENI.
The contract awarded to a consortium of Acergy S.A. and Spiecapag, a subsidiary of Entrepose Contracting, is for $550 million, of which Acergy's share represents approximately $250 million.
Acergy's nearshore scope includes the engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of approximately 50km of pipeline from Blocks 0, 14, 15, 17 and 18. It also includes the shore approach and above water tie-ins for these pipelines, together with the offshore crossing and hydrotesting. Engineering will commence with immediate effect with offshore installation scheduled to commence in the fourth quarter of 2009, using Acergy Hawk, Acergy Legend and Acergy Polaris.
Olivier Carre, Vice President Acergy Africa and Mediterranean, said, "We are delighted to have been awarded this contract which represents an important development in Angola's plans to reduce flaring from deep water blocks through the production of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and condensate. This contract award re-enforces Acergy's strong presence in West Africa."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)