Gazprom and Wintershall Team Up to Develop Urengoi Field
The Executive Board of Gazprom has approved a joint venture with Wintershall to develop the Achimov formations and the first experimental section of the Urengoi Field in Russia. Gazprom and Wintershall will be equal partners and the venture will be set up under Russian jurisdiction.
The field is expected to produce 118 billion cubic meters of natural gas and 29 million tons of condensate.
According to Gazprom, cooperation with Wintershall will make it possible to use new technology for drilling and developing sub-horizon wells in difficult mining-geological conditions. The operator at the Urengoi field is Yurengoigazprom.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)