Newpark to Provide Drilling Fluids for Petrobras' Deepwater Project
Newpark has formally signed the Lot B contract with Petrobras to provide drilling fluids and services for a deepwater offshore project off the coast of Brazil. The contract is valued at approximately 350 million Brazilian Rais, or approximately $144 million at current exchange rates. Newpark expects the contract to begin generating revenue in early 2009.
Paul Howes, Newpark's President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "This contract demonstrates that our investment in Brazil is yielding results as we are now leveraging our presence to the deepwater market. We began providing both fluids and services to land-based rigs there in late 2007, and following the completion of our Brazilian fluids plant in September of this year, we delivered our first product to the offshore deepwater market during the third quarter. We are extremely pleased with our progress in the Brazilian market and believe we are well positioned to operate in this important region going forward."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Newpark Resources, Inc. more info
- Newpark to Provide Drilling Fluids for Petrobras' Deepwater Project (Dec 11)
- Newpark Resources Announces President of Mats and Integrated Services (Jun 03)
- Newpark Announces New $225 Million Credit Facility (Dec 21)