Fairmount Marine to Tow Odebrecht Newbuild to Brazil
Odebrecht Drilling Services LLC and Fairmount Marine have reached agreement for the towage of the newbuild semisub Norbe VI. The Norbe VI is presently under construction in Abu Dhabi and shall be delivered by the yard in 4Q09 or early 1Q10.
The rig will be towed by one of Fairmount’s super tugs via the Cape of Good Hope to Brazil where it will work for Petrobras on a sevan year contract.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Fairmount Marine more info
- Fairmount Successfully Tows FPSO Petrojarl Knarr to Norway from South Korea (Sep 22)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)
Company: Odebrecht more info
- Odebrech's OOG to Honor Bond Payment a Week After Deadline (Mar 31)
- Peru Says It Will Nix Key Odebrecht Contract If Won Through Bribes (Dec 27)
- Odebrecht Oil & Gas To Miss Perp Interest Payment (Mar 17)