Wintershall Gets Go-Ahead from Norwegian Ministry for Revus Offer
Wintershall has received approval from the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (the "MPE") for consummation of the voluntary offer from Wintershall Norwegen Explorations- und Produktions-GmbH dated 4 November 4, 2008 for all the shares of Revus Energy ASA, Norway.
Consequently, the earlier obtained approval from the Norwegian Ministry of Finance, which was conditional upon approval from the MPE, is now also effective. Therefore, all conditions of the offer other than the condition set forth in section 2.6 (vi) regarding "Conduct of Business," which applies until settlement of the offer, are now satisfied. Completion of the transaction is expected until December 19, 2008.
Wintershall intends to resolve a compulsory acquisition in accordance with section 6-22(3) of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act cf. section 4-25 of the Public Limited Liability Companies Act. The compulsory acquisition is expected to be made immediately after the completion of the transaction.
- 'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award (Mar 06)
- Norway Takes New Approach to Naming Offshore Fields (Sep 21)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Unveils 21st Licensing Round (Jun 23)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)