TNK-BP to Supply Oil from Samotlorskoe Field by Pipeline in 2010
The agreement on swap supplies of oil signed by TNK-BP, Rosneft and Transneft in mid 2008 will allow these companies to save up to $50 million a year, Jonathan Kollek Vice President, Sales, Trading and Logistics (STL), TNK-BP, said to journalists.
"The agreement implies supplies of approximately 13 million tons of oil a year till 2015, which will save up to $50 million a year in logistics."
Apart from that, added Kollek, this agreement will help Rosneft fulfill its oil supply obligations to China without construction of pipelines.
In July 2008, Transneft, TNK-BP and Rosneft signed an agreement on swap oil-supply operations. This agreement implies supply of 13 million tons of oil a year from the Vanorskoe field developed by Rosneft to the Ryazan Refinery incorporated into TNK-BP.
In its turn, TNK-BP will supply oil from the Samotlorskoe field to Taishet and further along the Eastern Siberia–Pacific Ocean pipeline and to the Angarsk Refinery owned by Rosneft.
This scheme of supplies will come into force from 2010 when construction of the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline is completed. Meanwhile, the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline is reversed and TNK-BP will supply oil from the Verkhnechonskoe field to the Angarsk Refinery.
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)
Company: Transneft more info
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Transneft and Rosneft Squabble Over Oil Contract Terms (Dec 29)
- Russian Court Turns Down Shareholder Claim Over Transneft Dividend (Nov 18)