Apache Terminates AusGroup's Fabrication Contract for Reindeer Platform
AusGroup has been informed by the Group's AGC subsidiary that it has received a formal notice of contract
termination from Apache Energy Limited, effective immediately.
The Group has been informed that the decision was made due to the adverse changes in the global economic outlook which has impacted a proposed foundation gas customer – as part of the wider Reindeer/Devils Creek Project development.
Consequently Apache Energy Limited has elected to terminate for convenience the AGC contract for the Reindeer Platform Fabrication. The contract value was A$43 million of which 14% had been invoiced and paid at the date of termination. The Group will work with the client to bring the work to an orderly halt. The Group expects all costs and commitments made under the contract will be reimbursed by the client.
The Group's order book currently stands at $241 million.
"This will have an impact on AusGroup's 2009 results and order book, as a significant portion of the contract was expected to be completed in the current financial year. The impact of this contract termination has been partially offset by project scope growth on other existing contracts. The Group is currently implementing contingency plans to limit the impact of the terminated contract to the company."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: AusGroup Limited (AGL) more info
- Singapore's Marco Polo Marine Seeks To Delay Bond Payment (Sep 14)
- AusGroup Signs Deal with Technip for Work on Shell's Prelude FLNG Project (Jul 14)
- CB&I Kentz JV Extends Contract with AusGroup for LNG Projects in Australia (Dec 24)