Seadrill, Brunei Shell Extend West Pelaut Rig Contract for $153MM
Seadrill and Brunei Shell Petroleum have in principle reached an agreement to extend the contract for the semi-tender rig West Pelaut. The extension has duration of three years with commencement in April 2009 in direct continuation of the existing work.
West Pelaut is a first generation self-erecting semisubmersible tender rig that was built in 1994 and has been working for Brunei Shell Petroleum continuously since delivery. The estimated contract value for the extension is approximately US $153 million.
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum more info
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)