Technip Tapped for Phase 2 Development at Offshore India Oilfield
Technip has been awarded by AKER Installation Floating Production an installation contract, worth approximately €140 million (over US $180 million), for phase 2 of the development of the MA D6 oilfield. This field, operated by Reliance Industries Ltd., is located off the eastern coast of India in KG D6 Block, at water depths ranging from 1,200 to 1,400 meters.
The contract includes:
- engineering and project management,
- transportation and installation of 18 kilometers of flexible production and gas export risers(1) and flowlines(2), fabricated by Technip’s flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France, under a separate contract,
- transportation and installation of five umbilicals(3) and a gas export manifold supplied by the client,
- construction, transport and installation of a 24’’ rigid spool(4).
Technip's operating centers in Paris, France, and Aberdeen, Scotland, will execute this contract with support from the Group's center in Chennai, India. Offshore installation is scheduled for the first half of 2009 and will be carried out by the Constructor, one of the pipelay and construction vessels from Technip's fleet.
This award follows the successful completion of phase 1 of the same project by Technip in May 2008.
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Aker Floating Production more info
- Technip Tapped for Phase 2 Development at Offshore India Oilfield (Dec 08)
- Aker Moves Forward with Strong Profit Performance (Nov 17)
- Jurong Completes Conversion of India's First Deepwater FPSO (Jun 30)