Total Granted Consent to Spud Victoria Well in North Sea
Total E&P Norge AS has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6506/9-1 (Victoria) with Seadrill's semisub West Phoenix.
Victoria will be drilled as an appraisal well and is part of production license 211/211-B with Total as operator and StatoilHydro and Eni Norge AS as the other licensees. The well is located approximately 130 nautical miles west of Namsos.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
N 65 degrees 29.9', E 6 degrees 56.2'.
The water depth at the site is 420 meters.
The drilling activity will start in December 2008. The planned duration of the activity is approximately 207 days, including production testing.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)