Alve Production to Be Phased in to Norne Field
Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority has approved StatoilHydro's use of the facilities on the Alve field.
Alve is a smaller gas and condensate discovery in the Norwegian Sea, 16 kilometers southwest of the Norne field. The field was proven in 1990. The production from Alve will be phased in to the Norne field, and scheduled start-up is early in 2009.
The consent applies to the use of template, manifold, protection structure, pipeline, umbilical and electric heating system, with connection to Norne FPSO.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)