Seadrill Snags $378MM Drilling Rig Contract Offshore Angola
Seadrill has been awarded a new contract by Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd (Chevron) for development drilling offshore Angola with the semi-tender rig West Berani II, which is currently under construction.
The contract has a duration of five years with commencement in the first quarter 2010, subsequent to delivery from the yard. Estimated contract value is approximately US $378 million, including mobilization, demobilization and minor upgrades.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management AS, said, "We are pleased to have signed yet another term contract for one of our tender rigs. Based on our operation track record and position in the tender rig market we expect to continue to grow our order backlog and earnings visibility even in today's market."
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)