StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill New Well with Polar Pioneer Semisub
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro Petroleum AS for wellbore 7223/5-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 7223/5-1 will be drilled by Transocean's Polar Pioneer semisubmersible drilling rig at position 72 degrees 32' 06.07" N and 23 degrees 20' 07.80" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 7223/5-1 relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 228. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator, with a 100% ownership interest.
Well 7223/5-1 is located 180 km from the coast and 110 km from well 7122/6-2 (Tornerose). Production license 228 was awarded in the Barents Sea project in 1997, with Saga Petroleum ASA as operator.
Appraisal well 7223/5-1 is the third well in production license 228.
The drilling permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)