Truong Son Joint Operating Co. Fires Up Production at Song Doc Field
Talisman (Vietnam 46/02) Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Talisman Energy Inc., has announced first oil production from the Song Doc field in Block 46/02 offshore Vietnam.
Gross production from five pre-drilled wells is expected to reach approximately 25,000 bbls/d by early 2009. An additional three development wells are currently being drilled. Talisman's share of proved and probable reserves in the Song Doc field is estimated at 6 mmbbls, with proved reserves of 3 mmbbls.
Talisman has a 30% interest in Block 46/02 and in the Truong Son Joint Operating Company, which operates the Block. Co-venturers are PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Company at 40% and Petronas Carigali Overseas Sdn Bhd with the remaining 30%.
The Song Doc field facilities comprise a Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel and wellhead platform. The FPSO is a tanker conversion carried out by MODEC at the COSCO yard in Dalian, China. The Song Doc wellhead platform was fabricated by Petroleum Technical Services Company in Vung Tau, Vietnam.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)
Company: Petroleum Technical Services Corporation (PTSC) more info
- SapuraKencana-Linked Firms Bag $124M T&I Contracts in Vietnam, Australia (Sep 02)
- PTSC M&C Clinches EPCIC Contract for Su Tu Nau Project in Block 15-1 (Dec 10)
- Vietnam's PTSC to Install Underwater Pipelines at Dai Hung (Mar 10)