Delmar Installs 'World's Heaviest' Tree Systems in the Gulf of Mexico
Delmar Systems continues to meet the challenges of ultra-deepwater subsea projects by using the Heave Compensated Landing System (HCLS) to successfully install three of the "heaviest tree systems in the world."
These 240,000-lb systems were installed at BP's Viosca Knoll 915 (King South) and Mississippi Canyon 129(Dorado) locations in October 2008 in water depths of 5600' at King South and 3500' at Dorado using the Edison Chouest AHV.
The HCLS provides for a safe, efficient, and cost-effective method for subsea component installation. Delmar Systems, Inc. has used this patented HCLS technology for installing a variety of different components ranging from construction to field maintenance activities. This installation method has now been used for over 150 subsea tree installation as well as a number of equipment recovery campaigns for equipment refurbishment and reuse. It has also been used in the Gulf of Mexico, Angola, and Brazil. Delmar is a licensed user of this patented technology owned by Shell Oil Company (US Patent #5,190,107).
"The use of the HCLS minimizes rig critical path installation activities, increases utilization of existing long-term chartered installation vessels, and accelerates development timelines," said James Soliah, Delmar's subsea manager. "The HCLS provides for a safe, efficient, and cost-effective method for subsea component installation."
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Delmar Systems more info
- Delmar Completes Mooring Installation at WhoDat Field (Aug 19)
- Delmar Awarded Mooring Contract by Noble (Aug 03)
- Delmar Installs 'World's Heaviest' Tree Systems in the Gulf of Mexico (Dec 03)