New FPSO for North West Shelf JV to Replace Cossack Pioneer in 2010
SBM Offshore announced that the full scope turnkey supply contract for a disconnectable FPSO for Woodside Energy Ltd and the Cossack Wanaea Lambert Hermes (CWLH) Joint Venture has been signed. The project has already started in May 2008 under a Letter of Intent, which was previously announced.
The FPSO will replace the currently operating FPSO Cossack Pioneer in the fourth quarter of 2010.
The SBM Offshore owned Okha FSO will be used for conversion into an FPSO with a disconnectable turret. The Okha FSO is currently under contract with SEIC for operation in Sakhalin until December this year. It will sail to Keppel shipyard in Singapore for conversion and integration of the process modules and turret.
The CWLH project is one of Australia's most productive oil developments and is located 135km northwest of Karratha in Western Australia. The CWLH Joint Venture participants are BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd, BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd, Chevron Australia Pty Ltd, Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd and Operator Woodside Energy Ltd.
Other Turnkey Supply Orders
- Two contracts for the supply and replacement of new CALM type offshore tanker terminals, and the related offshore change out operations;
- Several contracts for the supply of specialized components for jackup drilling rigs and other offshore structures.
- The total portfolio value of the above contracts represents more than US $700 million, including the initial commitment of US $145 million under the LOI for the supply of the FPSO.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: BP plc more info
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
Company: Japan Australia more info
- Australia's Browse FLNG JV Decides Not to Proceed with Development (Mar 23)
- NWS JV to Develop $2B Greater Western Flank Phase 2 Project Off Australia (Dec 11)
- NWS JV to Develop $1B Persephone Project Off Northwest Australia (Nov 27)