StatoilHydro Completes Delineation of Pan/Pandora Discovery
StatoilHydro has completed the drilling of an appraisal well on the Pan/Pandora gas/oil discovery south of the Visund field in the North Sea.
The purpose of well 34/8-14 A was to delineate the 34/8-14 S Pan/Pandora discovery in the northern segment of this structure.
"The area south of Visund has a considerable remaining resource potential, and we are very pleased that the expectations as to the northern extension of the discovery now have been confirmed," said the head of infrastructure-led exploration west, May-Liss Hauknes.
The well confirmed the existence of a 53-meter gas column over an eight-meter oil column in the Brent group. Extensive data acquisition and sampling have been conducted.
StatoilHydro will drill a sidetrack from this appraisal well. Well 34/8-14 C will be drilled in the lower flank of the same segment. The sidetrack is designed to determine the oil/water contact and contribute to more accurate evaluations of the Pan/Pandora resource potential.
This is the 14th exploration well in production license 120, which was awarded in 1985.
The appraisal well was drilled to a vertical depth of 3,044 meters below the sea level and completed in the Drake formation in Lower Jurassic reservoir rocks.
Drilled in 292 meters of water the well will now be permanently plugged and abandoned.
The drilling was performed by the Borgland Dolphin drilling rig, which will now drill the 34/8-14 C sidetrack as part of PL 120 operations.
The partners in production licenses 120 and 120B are: StatoilHydro (operator) (59.06 percent), Petoro (16.94 percent), ConocoPhillips (13 percent) and Total (11 percent).
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)