BUE Caspian Picks Up BP President's Award for Safety in Azerbaijan
BUE Caspian, a wholly owned subsidiary of Renaissance Services SAOG, has been awarded the coveted BP President's Award for Safety in Azerbaijan.
The M.V. Baki, an emergency recovery and response vessel (ERRV) was on-station at the Central Azeri platform in the Caspian Sea when the master received a call from the offshore installation manager informing him that a gas leakage was suspected and that all the 211 persons on the platform were to be evacuated. Within one and a half hours all personnel were safely transferred from the platform to the M.V. Baki and transported to the SPS Base in Baku Azerbaijan. This is the largest evacuation of personnel from an offshore installation. The M.V. Baki is one of the 91 vessels in the Renaissance Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) fleet.
A spokesman for Renaissance said, "Safety is an absolute priority throughout our group and we always value any awards and recognition achieved by people and companies in the Renaissance family."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Renaissance Services SAOG more info
- Renaissance to Operate 7 Vessels Offshore Turkmenistan (Oct 26)
- Renaissance Services Gains 7.6% Revenue Increase (Aug 12)
- Topaz Wins 10-Year Contract to Support Kashagan Devt Program (Jun 01)