Claxton Achieves Safety Record for Offshore Gabon Operations
Claxton, an Acteon company, is proud to announce over 1000 working days without any near misses or lost-time incidents during its work on the installation of a conductor supported platform in Olowi field, offshore Gabon, for CNR International (Gabon) Ltd.
Operations began in April, and the milestone day was reached in early October. A clean sheet was then maintained through to November 4, 2008, when the topside modules were installed.
Claxton engineers provided CNR with up-front engineering and engineering support during fabrication and installation services for the facility.
Rick Moralee, project manager, Claxton, said, "This is a fantastic achievement for us all. Our highly skilled workforce is our most valuable asset and safety always comes first.
"As a company, we have a risk assessment programme that we carry out. We have toolbox meetings every morning where the crew gathers to individually discuss each task that will be performed that day. This way we can make sure that team members do not conduct a task unless they are fully trained and that any issues or concerns are addressed."
The installation work was initially contracted by UWG Ltd, who have since integrated its template, tieback engineering, centraliser and camera businesses into its sister company Claxton.
- InterMoor Wraps Up Ops at Offshore Angola Gig (Apr 03)
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- LDD Wraps Up Foundation Installation Gig Offshore Gabon (Oct 20)
Company: Claxton Engineering Services more info
- North Sea Decom: Claxton Secures Statoil Deal (Jul 27)
- Claxton Strengthens Rental Inventory (Jun 23)
- Claxton Launches Next-Generation, Slimline Tension Rings (Aug 26)