CNOOC & ConocoPhillips Score Two Discoveries in Bohai Bay
CNOOC and its PSC partner, Phillips China Inc., scored two additional exploration discoveries in Bohai Bay.
Two new discoveries, PL 19-9-1 and PL13-1-1, are both located in Block 11/05 of central Bohai Bay.
The successful well PL19-9-1, 2 miles east of PL19-3 oilfield, encountered 31 meters (102 feet) of net hydrocarbon pay.
Another successful well, PL13-1-1, 18 miles north of PL 19-3, penetrated about 40 meters of net pay. Additional appraisal wells are planned.
"This is yet another evidence that the PSC is delivering winning results for all parties involved, for contractors who are willing to risk capitals, for China who benefit from increased productions to fuel its growth, and for CNOOC who is targeting more visible growth," said Mr. Cao Yunshi, the General Counsel of the Company.
Under the Production Sharing Contract, the Company has the right to acquire up to a 51% working interest at no cost in any commercial discoveries in the block.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)