Aker to Supply Subsea Umbilicals for Troll B Gas Development
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with Subsea 7 to supply steel tube umbilicals for the Troll B gas development in the Norwegian Sea. Contract value is approximately NOK 100 million.
Aker Solutions will deliver approximately 7,5 kilometers of dynamic and static steel tube umbilicals to Subsea 7. The umbilicals will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' facility in Moss, Norway. Delivery is scheduled for April 2010.
The umbilicals will connect StatoilHydro's Troll B platform to two subsea gas injection satelite wells located south of the platform.
"We enjoy a good working relationship with Subsea 7 and are pleased to supply umbilicals to them again," said Svein Haug, senior vice president for Umbilicals in Aker Solutions. "We remain the global market leader for steel tube umbilicals and contracts like these are recognition of that fact."
The Troll field is located on the Norwegian continental shelf, approximately 70 km northwest of Bergen, in water depths between 300 and 340 meters.
Contract party is Aker Subsea AS.
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)