Eni Completes Acquisition of Offshore UK Hewett Unit Fields
Eni completed its acquisition of a 51.69% equity interest in the Hewett Unit fields in the UK North Sea and related infrastructure, including the associated Bacton onshore gas processing terminal. Following this acquisition Eni's share in the Hewett Unit asset has grown to 89.31% with Perenco owning the remaining 10.69%.
The transaction was completed by way of company sale pursuant to which Tullow Oil UK Limited, as the Hewett Bacton owner and operator, was acquired by Eni UK Limited from Tullow Oil plc. Tullow Oil UK Limited has been renamed Eni Hewett Limited with effect from today.
In addition to being an important transaction, it also represents also a milestone in Eni's strategy to develop gas storage facilities in the UK and in Europe.
Eni is the leading gas company and storage operator in Europe and considers the development of gas storage as a core element of the gas business. Gas storage capacity contributes to security of supply and provides flexibility to match gas demand in peak periods, thereby contributing to the optimization of the gas supply portfolio.
Eni expects the development of the Hewett Bacton asset to be highly synergistic with its recent acquisition of a majority interest in Belgium's Distrigaz. Given the high level of integration between Eni's G&P and E&P divisions, Eni is uniquely positioned to take a leadership role in the development of gas storage facilities.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)