Aker Solutions Snags Subsea Installation Work Offshore Canada
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with EnCana Corporation for the transport and installation of wellhead protection structures on the Deep Panuke development, offshore Nova Scotia, Canada.
"This contract is confirmation of our international competitiveness. It will provide us with an entry into the eastern Canadian market for subsea installations," said Torgeir Ramstad, president of Aker Solutions' marine operations business.
The contract will be undertaken by Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Marine Contractors AS. The scope of work comprises engineering, planning and offshore operations. The work will commence immediately. The offshore operations will be performed by one of the company's fleet of specialized offshore construction vessels in the second or third quarter of 2009.
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)