Saipem Clarifies Supposed Cancellation of Manifa Contract
With reference to the rumors about a supposed cancellation of the GOSP Manifa contract awarded in July to Saipem by Saudi Aramco, Saipem clarifies what follows:
- The contract has not been cancelled at the moment.
- Saudi Aramco has required not to undertake further commitments towards suppliers/subcontractors while waiting the results of an analysis aimed at cost optimization.
Saudi Aramco awarded Saipem the lump sum turn key contract for package No 1 of the Manifa Central Processing Facilities (CPF) project, in the frame of the Manifa Field Development Program to increase the production capacity of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by 900,000 bbls/day. The Manifa Field is located approximately 200 kilometers north of Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The contract encompasses the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) of three gas/oil separation trains (GOSP) with a capacity of 300,000 daily bbl each, gas dehydration, crude inlet manifolds and the flare gas system.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Saudi Oil Minister Says Full Aramco IPO Is on Track for 2018 (Oct 18)
- Saudis Said to Weigh Delaying International Part of Aramco IPO (Oct 13)
- How Deep Will Saudi Cut Its Oil Output? To the Lowest Since 2015 (Oct 10)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)