Sasol Pleased with Njika-1 Results
Sasol Petroleum Sofala, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasol Petroleum International, has completed its first exploration well, Njika-1, in Block 16/19 in
"This is extremely encouraging news but we still need to complete a significant amount of work before we can establish the commerciality of this discovery," Strauss said.
"A development in the deep offshore areas of
Sasol, as the operator, holds a 50% participating share in the license. Petronas hold a 35% interest, while the Government of
The C Kirk Rhein Jr. semisub commenced drilling of Njika-1 October 1, 2008. Sasol is planning a second well in the same license area immediately after completion of Njika-1.
This exploration is a further development of Sasol's significant gas business in
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)
- Natref Refinery To Reach Full Output This Weekend After Disruption (Aug 04)