Brazil's Platform P-51 Gears Up for Marlim Sul Field Operations
Platform P-51 has left the BrasFELS shipyard dock, in Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro, and set sail towards the Ilha Grande Bay, where it will be submitted to final testing and adjustments before kicking-off operations in the Marlim Sul field, in the Campos Basin.
After the testing period, which is expected to last about 15 days, the P-51 will be anchored in the Marlim Sul field, at a depth of 1255 meters and 150 km off the coast. The platform will be interconnected to 19 wells (10 oil and gas producers and 9 water injectors) and will start producing in January.
Entirely built in Brazil, the P-51 marks the history of the Brazilian naval industry with upwards of 75% national content. The platform's construction work was a pioneer in many aspects, particularly the production of the first Brazilian semisubmersible hull and the deck mating operation (process of joining the upper portion of the platform to the hull), one that has been carried out but a few times in the world. This operation was completed in a mere 24 hours, and confirmed the qualifications of the Brazilian naval engineering.
With investments of approximately $1 billion, and generating more than 4,000 direct and 12,000 indirect jobs, the P-51 was built and integrated by the FSTP consortium (Keppel Fells and Technip) in the cities of Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Itaguai, and Angra dos Reis. Nuovo Pignone, also contracted by Petrobras, built the compression modules, in Rio de Janeiro, while Rolls Royce the generation modules, in Niteroi.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Rolls Royce Marine more info
- Rolls-Royce Marine to Cut 800 Jobs by Summer (Feb 14)
- Rolls-Royce To Cut Another 800 Jobs At Marine Unit (Dec 01)
- Rolls-Royce Snags Seven Offshore Vessels in Brazil (May 14)