Maurel & Prom Win 2 Exploration Blocks in Colombia Round
Maurel & Prom, through its wholly owned subsidiary Hocol S.A., has signed with the National Hydrocarbon Agency of Colombia (ANH) two new Exploration and Production contracts (CPO-17 and SSJN-9).
The total awarded area covers 4,752 km squared:
- Block CPO- 17 (2,104 km squared) is located in the Eastern Llanos region in the Meta Department. On top of an estimated base royalty of 8%, the Block was awarded with a 12% additional royalty.
- Block SSJN-9 (2,648 km squared) is located in the Lower Magdalena Valley in the vicinity of the Saman Block (Maurel & Prom 50%). On top of an estimated base royalty of 8%, the Block was awarded with a 18% additional royalty.
Both blocks will be operated by Hocol S.A. on a 100% basis.
Over the next 36 months Hocol S.A. is committed to acquiring 600 km of 2D seismic and drilling two exploration wells in the CPO-17 block (Eastern Llanos), and acquiring 550 km of 2D seismic and drilling one exploratory well in the SSJN-9 block (Lower Magdalena).
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)