Statoil Acquires Stake in Interests Near Sleipner
Interests in production licenses 029B and 241 in the southern part of the Norwegian North Sea have been acquired by Statoil through a deal with Esso. 029B is located in block 15/6, north of the Sleipner West field, while 241 is in block 15/9, just south of Sleipner West.
"These represent exploration licenses in a priority area for Statoil, particularly as they could provide more feedstock for existing infrastructure on the Sleipner field," says Lars Jan Jaarvik, exploration manager for the Troll-Sleipner area.
Earlier this spring the group purchased Shell's interests in the two Esso-operated licenses 001B and 028B in the same area.
"We are now strengthening our position in this area further, and will be a key player alongside Esso. We will join forces in exploring and later developing new finds in the area," reports Mr. Jaarvik.
In this transaction Statoil will take over 50 percent of license 029B and 15 percent of 241, increasing its share in the latter from 35 percent. Both licenses will therefore be owned 50/50 by Statoil and Esso.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)